Ok, so as you all know I went to Stockholm for a week to visit my Canadian friend Alexandra, She moved to Sweden a couple months ago and it was the perfect excuse to tick another country off my list. I do hope to visit again in the summer as it was -16 when I was there and that made sightseeing difficult!
Top 10 things I did on my trip:
- Going for a walk through the forest at night across frozen, snow covered lakes and making snow angels.
- Wandering around Gamla Stan (Stockholm’s Old Town) one of the largest and best preserved medieval city centers in Europe.
- Having the best drink ever at the Absolute ICEBAR where the temperature is -5°C all year and the entire interior is made from ice. (Apple Sourz, Cinnamon Liqueur and Vanilla Vodka in a glass made of ice)
- Taking a ‘Winter’ boat tour of the the city’s quays out to and around the island Fjäderholmarna.
- Visiting the Vasa Museum where the only remaining, intact 17th century ship in the world is on display.
- Going shopping with Alex in downtown Stockholm.
- Seeing the old city walls at the Museum of Medieval Stockholm and seeing the displays at the Dance Museum.
- Having Drinks at Le Bar Rouge.
- Dancing, I don’t know where we were though.
- Having traditional Swedish food at Koh Phangan! haha
A good place to look if you are planning a trip to Stockholm is: http://beta.stockholmtown.com/en/
Here are a few pics of my trip, please view my photo gallery for more!