Today’s newspaper headlines read “Volcano Misery” and that could not be more fitting.
The day started off ok, it was still raining and we stopped at our cafe on the way to the bus station. We caught the bus to Girona no problem and then we found out that Glasgow airport was closed and our flight was cancelled.
Ryan Air were actually really great and got us on the Newcastle flight that was leaving before our flight was meant to go. Then we had a ton of travel to make our way to Inverness. Our car was at Prestwick airport so we had to get the bus to Edinburgh and the train to Prestwick before starting the 4 hour drive to Stewart’s parents house. We finally arrived at 2am.
So to recap today we went from:
Barcelona to Girona (64.2 miles, Metro and Bus)
Girona to Newcastle (920.23 miles, Plane)
Newcastle to Edinburgh (109 miles, Metro and Bus)
Edinburgh to Glasgow (51 miles, Train)
Glasgow to Prestwick (27 miles, Train)
Prestwick to Glasgow (34 miles, Car)
Glasgow to Barbaraville (197 miles, Car)
5 Positives for today:
- We got from Barcelona to Girona early.
- We managed to get on a flight to Newcastle after our Glasgow flight was cancelled.
- Got on the bus to Edinburgh straight away.
- Got on trains to Prestwick straight away.
- Got car and made our way to Stew’s parents house.